1/18/11

my Hope is built on nothing less.

How in the world i got to be an accountant, i'll never know. And i expect that as dry as accounting is to most everyone, even my knowing wouldn't constitute desire on your part for me to share. Yet, all the same, here i am in Raleigh, North Carolina, a real-live accountant.

It has been interesting already to realize so vividly that the reason God wants us to work hard in the classroom is not so we necessarily gain a bunch of knowledge, but so we gain wisdom and understanding about how to learn. i'm relatively certain that i will use almost none of the knowledge i have gained in the last 3.5 years during my time in Raleigh, but i am already certain that my ability to learn will be put to the test every single day. In college, learning is not required for passing grades or even decent grades. People know how to work the systems in which they find themselves.

Enough of my soapbox.

i do really enjoy tax, though.

i absolutely loathe not seeing my best friend.


The question that most nags at my heart is, "How will i find the time to grow closer to Jesus, and further from myself? And if i cannot find it, how will i cultivate it?" The question in itself shows how much i need Him, if i am worried about when i will speak with Him and listen in return. It scares me to think of how often Jesus is not as important to me as He ought to be. It scares me that i sometimes treat Him more like a cousin that i talk to on facebook every now and then, rather than El Shaddai, God Almighty.

No comments: